- 2 Summeripe Yellow Peaches
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Cut Summeripe yellow peaches in half and remove the pit
- Make the peach "cups" by using a melon baller to remove enough peach flesh to fit a scoop of ice cream, we usually take 3-4 spoonfuls.
- Heat a grill to medium-high or 350 degrees
- Brush or drizzle "rim" of the peach cups with olive oil to prevent the peaches from sticking to grill
- Place Summeripe Peach cups directly onto heat, flesh side down
- Grill until grill lines are visible and the peaches are fork-tender, about 4-7 minutes
- Remove from grill and let cool for a few minutes
- Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream into the center of the Summeripe Peach Cup and enjoy!
- We love to drizzle our delicious Summeripe White Peach & White Wine Dessert Sauce on top of the Grilled Ice Cream Peach Cups
- 6-8 Summeripe White Peaches, sliced
- 2 bottles (about 3 1/2 cups) dry white wine, we like to use a Sauvignon Blanc or a Fumé Blanc
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 oz gin, may substitute vodka (optional)
- 8vsprigs fresh thyme, plus more for garnishing
- Slice Summeripe White Peaches and throw away the pit
- Combine all ingredients into a pitcher
- Cover and let sit for at least 2 hours, we like to let our sangria sit overnight
- Serve chilled and enjoy responsibly!!
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1. In a small sauce pan, dissolve sugar into water over low heat, stirring occasionally
- 2. Once sugar is completely dissolved, remove from heat and place liquid into a jar with a lid and let cool. Store in refrigerator.
- 2 Summeripe Nectarines, diced
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 medium dill pickle, diced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard, may substitute classic yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Serrano chili pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Light a grill to moderate high heat.
- Brush the onions with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderate high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and softened, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a work surface and let cool, then cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Combine all ingredients into a medium size bowl and mix until all ingredients are evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top a grilled burger with the Summeripe Nectarine Relish and enjoy!
- 2 Summeripe Plumcots, diced (may substitute plums)
- 2 red onions, sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 medium dill pickle, diced
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 Serrano chili pepper, minced (optional)
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Brush the onions with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill over moderate high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and softened, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a work surface, let cool, and dice the grilled onions.
- Combine all ingredients into a medium size bowl and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon Plumcot Relish over grilled hot dogs and enjoy!
- The Summeripe Plumcot Relish is great with Dijon or Yellow Mustard!
- 2 Summeripe Plums, diced
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar (cane turbinado)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine bran cereal and orange juice in a bowl; let stand several minutes for the cereal to absorb the juice.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, both sugars, baking powder and salt.
- Stir egg and oil into bran cereal until well mixed.
- Add bran cereal mixture and diced plums to the dry ingredients; stir only until dry ingredient are moistened.
- Spoon thick batter into greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and serve warm.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Summeripe® receives first in industry ‘Non-GMO Project Verification’”
Reedley, CA – June 20th, 2014 – Mountain View Fruit Sales, the home of Summeripe® Ready-to-Eat fruit from California is the company consumers have come to rely on for consistently delicious stonefruit. Born from a partnership with the UC Davis Pomology Department, led by Dr. Carlos Cristoso, Ph.D., Summeripe® continues to lead the industry in growing, packing and conditioning stonefruit from select Central California family farms. We are happy to announce we are the first in our industry to be officially “Non-GMO Project Verified”.
“We’re thrilled to be on board with the Non-GMO Project. The relationship underscores our commitment to the consumer to provide not only a delicious eating experience, but a safe one as well.” said Mike Thurlow, owner of Mountain View Fruit Sales & Cold Storage. “We’ve always known we were providing natural produce to our customers, but this [verification] provides a clear explanation that leaves the consumer with no doubt what they’re eating and feeding their families” Thurlow continued.
GMOs, or “genetically modified organisms,” are plants or animals that have been genetically engineered with DNA from bacteria, viruses and other animals and plants. These experimental combinations of genes cross the natural species barrier and have not been proven safe. Studies increasingly show a connection between GMOs and an array of health risks and environmental concerns. While GMOs are labeled or banned in most developed countries, in the U.S. and Canada they are unlabeled and are found in nearly 80% of processed food.
“We’ve had calls and social media inquiries regarding the ‘GMO status’ of our products” said Chad Cotton, Marketing Coordinator for Mountain View Fruit. “Consumers are looking more and more at not only where their food comes from, but also what its origin is. We’re excited to let everyone know we’re now Non-GMO Project verified via our website, social media outlets and on our product packaging.”
For more information about purchasing products from Mountain View Fruit Sales, please email email@example.com or call (559) 637-9933.
About Mountain View Fruit Sales
The Mountain View Fruit companies were founded by three farming families in 1994. Their core focus was to deliver a true ripe, ready-to-eat piece of fruit to the consumer. Joining with like-minded local farmers of stonefruit, Mountain View broke ground on a modern, efficient cold storage and distribution facility located in the very heart of their Growers’ fields. With a new state-of-the-art conditioning & varietal development lab & test kitchen built in the spring of 2014, Mountain View’s Center for Sustainable Ag continues to lead the industry in innovative ways to deliver the best fruit to consumers. That core focus on flavor continues to this day with the premium Summeripe brand of conditioned stonefruit.
Mountain View Fruit – https://www.mvfruit.com
Non-GMO Project – http://www.nongmoproject.org
4275 Avenue 416
Reedley, CA 93654
- 2 Summeripe Peaches, diced
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 12 oz. (or 1 1/4 cups) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup All-Bran cereal
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup Summeripe Peaches, diced
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl mix the yogurt and honey.
- Add Summeripe Peaches, both sugars, canola oil, vanilla and egg to the yogurt mixture, mixing until combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Combine the bran, walnuts and sugar in a food processor until coarsely ground.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Add in the diced Summeripe Peaches
- Fill the prepared muffins cups with batter and divide the crumb topping over each muffin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. The muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs attached.Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Add in Summeripe Plums for another delicious summer time treat!
- 2 Summeripe Plums, sliced
- 2 oz. Vodka
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 1/2 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- Slice plum over a cocktail shaker to capture any Summeripe Plum juices.
- Place slices into the cocktail shaker and muddle until Summeripe Plum slices are thoroughly juiced.
- Add Vodka, Cointreau, Lime Juice and ice cubes. Shake vigorously for about 15 seconds, strain over a medium mesh strainer and pour into a martini glass.
- Garnish with a Summeripe Plum slice and enjoy responsibly!
- Drink a glass of water in between cocktails, having a glass of water will not only keep you hydrated but help to create a more enjoyable drinking experience
- 3 or 4 Summeripe Plums, any color flesh will do
- 2 shots of Gin, may substitute Vodka or White Rum
- 1/2 shot Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons Cane Sugar
- 4 sprigs of Rosemary
- Handful of Ice
- Slice the Summeripe Plums and remove the pit
- Add Summeripe Plum slices, 3 rosemary sprigs, and cane sugar into a shaker and muddle until plums are thoroughly crushed and cane sugar has completely dissolved into the plum juice
- Add in lemon juice and gin into the shaker
- Add in a handful of ice and shake for 15-20 seconds
- Strain liquid through a medium mesh strainer into a coupe glass or a tumbler
- Garnish with a rosemary sprig and enjoy responsibly!
- 1 shot=1.5 ounces
- Don't worry if you do not have Cane Sugar, Raw Sugar is a great substitute
- 10-12 Summeripe Peaches and/or Nectarines, enough to fill a 9x13 size pan 3/4 full
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cube melted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, & salt in a mixing bowl
- Add melted butter, mixing with a fork until crumbly
- Fill a 9x13 pan 3/4 full with sliced fruit
- Dust fruit lightly with cinnamon
- Pour crumble mixture on top, spreading evenly
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until top is golden