Brilliant Meyer Lemon & Quinoa Salad
Brilliant Meyer Lemons add a fresh twist to this healthy and hearty fall salad.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 22
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 24g
Dietary Fiber 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup butternut squash (about 1/2 squash), cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup edamame beans
- 1 or 2 Brilliant Meyer Lemons, juiced
- and the zest of 1 Brilliant Meyer Lemon
- 3 Tablespoons Brilliant Meyer Lemon Compound Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Olive oil
- Slivered almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel and cube butternut squash. Coat with olive oil, salt and pepper. Arrange coated squash evenly on baking sheet. Roast until squash is tender, about 30 minutes.
- While squash is roasting, combine quinoa, water, chicken broth, Brilliant Meyer Lemon juice, zest, 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. salt, edamame, and meyer lemon compound butter into a covered saucepan. Bring to a boil the turn down to a simmer.
- Simmer until water is gone and quinoa is fluffy.
- Finish with a squeeze of Brilliant Meyer Lemon juice to brighten up flavors.
- Brilliant Meyer Lemon Compound Butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon (about 1 Brilliant Meyer Lemon) Brilliant Meyer Lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Brilliant Meyer Lemon Zest
- 1. Stir together softened butter, Brilliant Meyer Lemon juice, and zest.
Mountain View Fruit https://www.mvfruit.com/